Last year I read some books about the first Thanksgiving and we had a really cool weekly reader about pilgrim life.
This book gave us a lot of great info (but it'd definitely not written for firsties to read independently)
This year I've ordered these two books from Amazon and they should be arriving any day now.
Then I projected two images of pilgrim children (I can't draw so I went old school and put up white paper on my chalkboard and projected the clip art and traced it)
I read the cards to the kiddos and had them tell me if it was about a pilgrim boy, pilgrim girl, or about both. This can be done to intro the ideas or as a summation.
This venn diagram activity is included in the preview, for free, for my November writing/reading/phonics pack.
Click here to check it out in my TpT store! (feedback appreciated & feel free to pin)
In this packet you'll get writing prompts, graphic organizers, and reading/phonics center activities.
- nonsense word game (multi-player)
- nonsense/real word sorting
- ABC order (with worksheet)
- Sorting naming words and action words (with worksheet)
- Contractions (with worksheet)
- 4 graphic organizers
- 3 different writing prompts (each with three leveled writing papers)
- images of sample anchor charts with words to use for Pilgrim Venn Diagram
Also, I'm having a 500 follower giveaway on my personal blog. (Many of my lovely co-bloggers here are giving away some great items--and I threw in a $50 Amazon.com gift card!) Head over & check it out.
Just click my button to head over.