First of all my name is Kristy and and I blog over at the Phonics Phenomenon. Here are ten facts about me so you can get to know me speedy quick!!
1. I am a total HGTV addict. (Luckily for me my little bro runs a Sherwin Williams)
2. I am on level 90 of Candy Crush Saga and wish I could stop my addiction. (I got my hubby addicted too be that good or bad:)
3. I have taught intervention for 13 years K-5.
4. I was a late bloomer:) The book Leo the Late Bloomer could have been written about me. Several years out of high school then everything clicked for me. Maybe that is why I understand at risk kiddos so well.
5. My kids are 10 years apart which was totally not planned and I enjoy every moment of being their mom. ( at least most days)
6. I have a horrible sweet tooth and love all cookies, candy, etc
7. My husband and I finally went to the darkside and got a Toyota Sienna this winter. I always said I would never own a mini van but I totally love it.
8. I am Wilson trained and have a ton of phonics knowledge bouncing around in my brain. It is pretty funny because I was taught NO phonics as a child. Everything I know I learned as an adult.
9. One of my favorite places is Charleston, South Carolina. Historic and the beach all rolled into one.
10. I am one of four siblings and grew up in a three bedroom house with only one bathroom. I am still trying to figure out how we survived:)
Here is a peek at what the app looks like.
One of the things my new app does is sort books according to a genre. As an interventionist, I have been trying to talk to students about genres as early as kindergarten. I was amazed that kids really can understand and "get it" at such a young age. One of the things that I have done to aide in this process is using visual genre cards. I have changed them several times and I think I am finally happy with this version. I can't wait to hear what you think!
I hope you enjoy this little freebie:) If you would like the full version it is available at my TPT store(the most current version may not be up yet but it soon will be). Make sure you check out PHONICS FRIDAY on my blog the Phonics Phenomenon!! I would love to have you stop by!!
Until next month:)